Helping to get art back on its feet
1. You are fully entitled to do something.
2. Punk is right thought and right action.
3. Authenticity is honesty. It’s important to be honest, and it helps the critics to find something to criticize.
4. 21st century punk in art is painting pictures and making sense.
5. Stuckist style is in its content. The more effort the style, the less the substance.
6. Fashion is bollocks.
7. Punk means brilliance is possible by everyone, but not just anyone.
8. Jack Vettriano is better than Jeff Koons. Joseph Beuys, Bruce Nauman and Takashi Murakami are crap.
9. Punk lost its way as a London fashion in 1976, but revived in 1977, when young boys and girls walked around small town shopping precincts wearing safety pins and razor blade necklaces. Some of them stopped doing this, when they discovered punk.
10. 1873 was a good year for punk.
11. Damien Hirst was a punk at heart, and became a stuckist.
12. Vivienne Westwood’s Active Resistance manifesto is a pompous rehash of The Stuckists manifesto eight years too late. But thanks anyway.
13. When bad artists grow up, they can become great artists.
14. Genesis is punk. The Book of Genesis, not the group for fucks sake.
15. It’s worth making something that lasts longer than a week.
16. Jonathan Jones is an enemy of art.
17. Conceptual art is a dead end.
18. Stuckists aren’t stuck.
19. Art comes from the soul, which is unfortunate, as most contemporary artists don’t have one.
20. If Leonardo da Vinci was alive today, he would paint like Bill Lewis.
Paul Harvey and Charles Thomson
with the Stuckist Bureau of Information
1 June 2010
The following have been accepted by the Stuckist Bureau of Inquiry for possible inclusion as Honorary Punk Stuckists:
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Vincent van Gogh
Ernst Ludwig Kirchner
Sir Peter Blake